Friday Funny

This week while visiting with my four gran-girls, my 9 year old grand-daughter Britni ran up to me with excitement saying “ Nana I have a Black History Project to do on Rosa Parks, and I know you would love to help.” I must admit she hit the right button and I was all willing.

After reassuring her of my assistance, I told her, “I have a picture of your sister with Rosa Parks when we visited New York City.” Britni was bewildered and puzzled she wanted to know this and that. You see, her sister Breanna is only 11 years old. To her surprise I uploaded the below picture of Breanna and Rosa Parks. It was only a matter of time before we both had a good chuckle.

DCFC0121.JPG

Breanna Ward at Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, New York City, 2006.

6 comments for “Friday Funny

1. jsmith0105@aol.com
    February 8, 2013 at 6:01 pm

Very nice pic!. It was nice that you had that. Britney will be a big hit when she makes her presentation! So important we help them know of the heroes in their family past as well…now that’s where I’d like to see a class project !
    Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

• February 9, 2013 at 7:46 pm

We had a wonderful time, took many pictures, but who would have thought that picture taken 6 years ago would be useful today. I would love to see a class project go in that direction as well; it would be so wholesome and might spark an interest in children to discover their genealogy. Thank you for sharing your ideas.
      shelley

2. Shirley de Chabert-Highfield
    February 9, 2013 at 5:36 pm

I had a good chuckle myself–not expecting to see what I saw! Great Picture!
    Breanna resembles Lisa Bough (Glenwood’s daughter), so much that one would think that they were sisters, if in fact not twins, had it not been for the vast age difference between them.

Shirley

• February 9, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Shirley,
      Laughter is the best medicine. You’re right about the resemblance, I have to send Lisa the pic. Thank you for visiting.
      shelley

3. February 11, 2013 at 8:40 pm

I wish black history projects would become more local as well. Involve family memories of important events and events that happened in the local the students are living in. Unfortunately many of those planning the events seem to be stuck in a rut.

• February 14, 2013 at 7:34 pm

The month of March is set aside for Virgin Islands history month. That’s when the accomplishments of the native people are honored.