Readership Award Nomination

IBPTeamMemberReadership

I humbly accept the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award and pay the honor forward.

When I was notified by Liv Taylor-Harris, at Claiming Kin, that she nominated me for the Readership Award I was quite taken back; shocked and speechless best describe my reaction. I read about the award on Twitter, and thought to myself, “What a wonderful award to receive,” and at the same time felt I was not yet in that league. When I began sharing my ancestors story just under 6 months ago; I was almost terrified in getting my stories out. Taking the big step of blogging appeared intimidating. However, Liv comments and others, gave me a greater confidence in blogging.

Being honored by Liv Taylor Harris at http://claimingkin.com has so much meaning. Her attractive blog is filled with family stories/research/pics of her Texas kin as well as tips, and bits. I often visit to catch up with the latest in the gene-world, as well as catch a glimpse of her visitors from around the globe. Whenever you stop by, browse, and leave a comment, she always takes the time to respond. Liv’s heart is as big as the state of Texas. Thank you again for your nomination.

Those who created this award wrote, “As bloggers, we are also readers. That is a part of blogging as listening is a part of speaking.”

Those bloggers nominated for awards are expected to “pay the honor forward.”

Here are the rules to follow:
(i) Don’t forget to thank the nominator and link back to their site as well;

(ii) Display the award logo on your blog;

(iii) Nominate no more than fourteen readers of your blog you appreciate and leave a comment on their blogs to let them know about the award;

(iv) Finish this sentence: “A great reader is…”

This is my sentence:
“A great reader is one who approaches every word with an openness to learn, question, and comment with words of encouragement, laced with kindness.”

As I pay the honor forward
My nominations are those gene-bloggers who have commented on my blog “time after time”:
David @ 200inparadise.blogspot.com/
Kirsten@ findingeliza.com
Sheryl @ http://ahundredyearsago.wordpress.com/
Heather @ http://www.leavesfortrees.blogspot.com/
George @ http://gravatar.com/geder
Sandra @ http://gravatar.com/nkmf
Liz @http://travelsthroughmypast.blogspot.com
Andre@ http://howdidigetheremygenealogyjourney.blogspot.com/
Peter@ http://patmcast.blogspot.com/

Advertisements

14 comments for “Readership Award Nomination

1. January 13, 2013 at 11:36 am

Thank you so much for nominating me. 🙂 . I have enjoyed reading and looking forward to learning more about your family. Hey I have only been doing this since May 2011, so I haven’t been doing this that long either. You’re off to a great start.

2. January 13, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Thank you for nominating me for this award! I really appreciate it. I recently posted about my awards and I have added you to this post. You can read it here http://findingeliza.com/archives/8756

I have thanked you and linked back but I am not able to fulfill the rest of the requirements. I hope that is okay with you.

• January 13, 2013 at 4:51 pm

I certainly understand. Thank you for adding me and for your visit.

3. January 13, 2013 at 11:01 pm

Ahhhh, the award looks wonderful here! Again, CONGRATULATIONS! You truly deserve it!

Virtually yours,
    Liv

4. January 14, 2013 at 10:21 pm

Thank you for nominating A Hundred Years Ago. I’m honored that you think it is worthy of this award.

5. Janet Smith
    January 15, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Congratulation many times over cous….you’re so courageous and I admire you for it. Taking time to blog about family is also such a courtesy to the legacy they have left us !!

• January 15, 2013 at 8:17 pm

Janet
      Thank you so much. I am inspired!!

6. January 16, 2013 at 1:00 pm

Congrats Sheryl!!! … very well deserved, indeed.

7. January 16, 2013 at 4:46 pm

Catherine:
    Thank you very much….Have a Happy New Year.

8. Shirley de Chabert-Highfield
    January 20, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Congratulations, Cous! I have learned and continue to learn so much about our family ties. It makes us all feel more connected to each other.

Shirley

• January 20, 2013 at 8:24 pm

Thank you Cous! our ancestors lives are quite interesting and I love telling the story. Thank you for your continued support.
      shelley

9. January 27, 2013 at 2:58 pm

I am delighted to congratulate you on this award. You persistence in recording this family history has been presented with integrity and sometiimes even humor. I am sure all who read your posts have learned things they would never have had the opportunity without your site.

• January 27, 2013 at 4:04 pm

Thank you cous, your contined support its much appreciated